The 2015 CMS Open Payments Data is now available. To streamline the manual query and analysis of this information, Echo has developed a new Open Payment Profile that automates the collection and review of these payments.
The Echo Open Payments Profile provides a Physician Profile of Payments included in the CMS database. The CMS database includes 2013-2015 data for:
- Payments and other transfers of value from applicable manufacturers of covered drugs, devices, biologicals, or medical supplies to physicians and teaching hospitals (“Covered Recipients”).
- Payments and other transfers of value from applicable Group Practice Organizations (GPOs) to physician owners/investors.
- Ownerships or investments held by physicians or their immediate family in applicable manufacturers and applicable GPOs.
The Echo Open Payments Profile includes a summary of payments as well as individual items. The summary includes a percentile comparison of payments between the provider and other facility providers as well as national percentiles. These profiles are available for inclusion in your initial and re-credentialing processes, in provider profiles, and can be included in OPPE and FPPE profiles.
Using the CMS data, the Echo Open Payments Profile:
- Clarifies financial relationships among industry, physicians, and teaching hospitals
- Provides one place for financial interactions to be reported and monitored
- Sets requirements so that it is easier for physicians and other stakeholder groups to make sure the information reported about them is accurate
- Eliminate nonfactual influence on research education, and clinical decision-making
- Stop conflicts of interest that can harm patients and their care
Evaluate Physician Payments and Financial Relationships with the Echo Open Payments Profile.