Hospitals need a way to track and trend patient safety incidents using a standardized reporting methodology. In support of the National Patient Safety Act, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) was requested to develop common definitions and formats for patient safety information.
With input from 64 healthcare organizations, AHRQ has developed common formats for inpatient safety events. AHRQ standard formats include a comprehensive flow of questions and complex if/then logic.
EchoPatientSafety is your solution and provides:
- Critical functionality to save time, automate processes, and improve outcomes
- User-friendly reporting using industry consistent queries and multipart skip logic
- Comprehensive support for AHRQ standard reporting forms to track and trend patient safety events including incidents, near misses, and unsafe conditions
- The ability to adapt processes to your hospital’s specific standard of practice
- The capacity to protect the security of Personal Health Information (PHI)
- AHRQ event-specific categories are supported including:
- Blood or blood product
- Device or medical/surgical supply
- Healthcare associated infection
- Medication or other substance
- Pressure Ulcer
- Tools to track and trend outcomes
All information is accessible for reporting including Microsoft Excel® spreadsheets for three dimensional charts for aggregate data reporting. Listings and one click “worklists” identify areas that require action or follow-up. All reports can be secured.